Friday, September 5, 2008

Dont Put all your eggs in one basket!!!

Don’t put all of Your Eggs in One Basket

This ‘tip’ fits what I did the most because, frankly, I didn’t put all of my eggs in one basket. I was counting on John Deer to give me some money because it hardly ever went down by a lot, but I didn’t buy too many of that as well. I also only bought two of the tobacco companies, and I had two of the silver mines before it went down by thirty and then I sold them. Throughout the game I had invested in about four or five different companies and I never paid more than thirty dollars for any of the cards. I spread my ‘eggs’ out across many ‘baskets’ so that I had some of each, and that’s what helped me in the end. Because if one of the companies I had invested in went down in the stock market and another went up I hardly lost ANY money at all. Still, I didn’t win the game and was supposed to get a C-. Good thing this wasn’t for a grade. I guess I should have invested more in the companies I saw were making a lot of money instead of having only two cards. For instance, at the end of the game, I earned $50 from one of the companies. If I had invested more in that particular company instead of wasting my money in the silver mine, I would have gotten $100 or maybe $150, and maybe won the game.

No comments: