Sunday, May 3, 2009

Feedback- POP!!!!

The three most important things I learned in the population projects this year are:


1. MANAGE YOUR TIME!!! I wasn't one to do all my work the day before its due, but I also didn't research enough and finish it a week before. This is a skill that will help me with other projects and tests.


2. Another more general thing I learned is that a lot of girls in India are being mistreated because of their gender. Hindu families prefer to have boys because they continue the family line, they can help with farm work, they are more accepted in society, and they are the only ones in the family that can conduct the funerals for the parents. This leads to families not caring for their daughters and treating her like an object to be owned and then taken away.


3. Finally, I also learned that when researching don't put all your faith in one source. I got all my data from Indiastat and it didn't end up being so good. My graph was small and didn't prove my point very well since I didn't get all the data I needed. Also, the data I got might not have been correct.

No comments: